Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fascinating Womanhood on Television Today

I just saw Fascinating Womanhood (the version with the pink and white cover: 1963) on CBS Sunday Morning.

Mo Rocca was interviewing Roseanne Barr. I did not see the segment in its entirety, so I can't say how the book came up or was introduced, but I saw him open up the book and read some excerpts such as, "Do not roar at jokes."

He said, "It seems like you do a lot of these 'don'ts'." They laughed.

Did anyone else see the segment?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see it, because we don't have a TV. However, I did find a transcript of the interview after reading your post: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/25/sunday/main20111318.shtml?tag=contentBody;cbsCarousel

    I gather they were making fun of the book.

    ~ Karen ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that link, Karen, for anyone who is interested. I will go read it myself.

    ReplyDelete