Monday, September 5, 2011

Month 1 (Verse 11): Proverbs 31 Challenge for Life

 
It is time to make a Month 1 goal, for anyone who is participating in the Proverbs 31 Challenge for Life. Please see this post for the details of this challenge.

Proverbs 31, verse 11, in the King James Bible says: "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil."

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary has some interesting thoughts about this chapter in modern words.

For this month, my personal goal will focus on the idea of trust, and the related Fascinating Womanhood concept of discretion and acceptance. A fascinating woman accepts her husband, does not say anything critical that would be hurtful, and in addition, does not gossip or say critical things of others. If she did, it would imply that she might say these kind of things about her husband in the presence of others. Trust would be impaired between them.

My personal goal will be to keep from saying anything critical and to keep from gossiping during this month. If we speak about other people, I will try to be sure that everything I say is in the best interest of everyone involved.

Please feel free to comment with your own goals for the month, or simply to say that you have a goal for this month. Anyone is welcome to join in at any time.

1 comment:

  1. I think my goal will be to work on trusting my husband more. (After all, how can he trust me if I don't trust him?) I am several years older than he is and have a tendency to doubt his ability and competence at various times, although he generally ends up proving my doubts to be needless. I am afraid I unconsciously hold him back by not trusting him more.

    ~ Karen ~

    ReplyDelete